Monday, May 16, 2016

It's Monday, May 16th! What Are You Reading?

badge

It is a new week and time for the weekly Monday post. "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date that gives bloggers a chance to share what they have been reading and what they plan to read next.

Here is what I am currently reading:

The Woman Upstairs

I am listening to The Woman Upstairs by Claire Messud. This is one from my backlist must list. I have the physical book checked out also, so I imagine I will get through this one quickly.

The Lost Tribes

I am also in the middle of The Lost Tribes by C. Taylor-Butler. The author is the friend of the sister of my friend, and I'd meant to read it when it first came out last year, but I forgot. So far, so good. I look forward to learning more about another culture.

Other than Inkspell, which my son and I are still reading together, that is it for right now!

I still have a few on deck from last week, The Excellent Lombards, Big Girls Don't Cry, and Sunday's on the Phone to Monday. I have more audiobooks on deck than I can hope to get read before they are due, but my home fiction shelf has been winnowed down to things that I really want to read. Here is a sampling of what I have available right now.

Kill 'Em and Leave: Searching for James Brown and the American SoulGolden Age (Last Hundred Years: A Family Saga #3)Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City
AmericanahMs. Marvel, Vol. 1: No Normal

What are you reading this week?



6 comments:

  1. Americanah is one that has been on my list for quite some time. I've heard so many good things about it. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what you think of The Woman Upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is horrible - I can't remember if I've read The Woman Upstairs! A part of me feels like yes, but then I can't remember one thing about it! Interested for your thoughts on Sunday/Monday when you get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy Golden Age! I started the second book in that trilogy as an audiobook, but then realized it was too hard to keep track of people and time without the pages in front of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to listen to the second book on audio too, and I was so confused. I think I powered through, but I ended up having to write out a family tree to try to help myself remember who was who. I'm a little scared that the third book will have even more characters to keep straight!!

      Delete
  5. The Woman Upstairs sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete