Monday, May 9, 2016

It's Monday, May 9th! What Are You Reading?

badge

It is another new week and time for the weekly Monday post. "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date, where bloggers share what they have been reading and what they plan to read in the next week.

I can't believe another week is over! I am not sure where last week went!!

Anyway, here is what I am currently reading:

My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry

My Grandmother Asked Me To Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman is my first Backman. Initially I was overwhelmed by the sheer quirkiness of its characters, but it has grown on me. I am not sure if I will pick up more of his books though.

The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism

I had The Reason I Jump by Naoki Higashida on my one of my "It's Monday" lists last month, but now I have actually started it. It is pretty interesting. It was written by a thirteen year old Japanese boy who is severely autistic and largely non-speaking.

Tuesday Nights in 1980

I am listening to Tuesday Nights in 1980 by Molly Prentiss. It's good. It centers on a handful of characters connected in some way to the art scene in New York City in 1980.

I have a few books on deck.

The Excellent LombardsBig Girls Don't Cry: The Election that Changed Everything for American WomenSunday's on the Phone to Monday
The Serpent KingEvery Heart a DoorwayGhettoside: A True Story of Murder in America

What are you reading this week?


4 comments:

  1. Your books on deck look fantastic! I am hoping to read most of them in the near future.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to get to Tuesday Nights before the end of the year! And I downloaded The Serpent King sample recently...let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell... at the airport! It will be my first. To be totally honest, I am suspicious of all these books by this author hitting the shelves together and if they are all related, it will seriously bum me out. But I am a sucker for elder protags and really need to stomp on my stupid biases about series and book market slamming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great variety of books you are reading!

    ReplyDelete