Monday, April 21, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 4/21/14



Right now, I have several books going. 

Lexicon 
I am almost done with this one.I think it's probably considered a genre book--science fiction, but it's more like science fiction-lite. It's not set in outer space. So far, it's not my favorite Max Barry--that would be Jennifer Government--but I think Max Barry deserves more recognition than he gets. He is one of my husband's favorites, and I enjoy his work also. 

The Complete Poems

In honor of poetry month, I am also trying to read 1-2 poems from this. I started late, so it will take me at least until mid-May to finish.

Flight Behavior

I am currently listening to this one on my way to and from work. I love that it is narrated by Kingsolver! She has a great voice, and I love her accent. I also love that I am still early enough in the book that I don't feel like I'm being lectured yet. 

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly: A Memoir of Life in Death

I am also slowly working my way through this one. I am in awe of what Bauby accomplished, and I like that I am taking my time with it. I have another serious work on deck though so I really need to read it a little faster. It's not like I have to blink out each letter as I read!

Pie

And I have to start and finish this one by tomorrow! It's for the Mark Twain Book Club for 4th through 6th graders at the kids' school. Parents aren't required to attend, but I enjoy the book interaction with the kids.

And that's what I'm reading right now! I am not sure what is up next. I still have The Goldfinch staring me down from the bookshelf and a few 2014 titles. Then again I have a shelf of YA from last year's RT convention that are also begging to be read. 

3 comments:

  1. What a great assortment of books. I liked Pie when I read it but the rest of your stack are new to me. Come see what I read last week. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lecturing will come!

    Have a great reading week!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flight Behavior didn't interest me until Page 200. :) I hope you are enjoying it.

    The Diving Bell and The Butterfly looks good...love the cover.

    ENJOY your books and your week.

    NICE BLOG.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete