Wednesday, April 30, 2014

A Month in Books - April 2014

April 2014 was a big month for me. I returned to book blogging after being mostly absent since November of 2008. If I was a GIF person, I would be a celebratory GIF here. Feel free to imagine one. In my mind, I think I see a dancing Carlton or maybe an Elaine Benes. 

Here is what I read this month:

The Good Lord BirdWinger (Winger, #1)The Art of FieldingLongbournThe Husband's SecretPieLexiconDreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)

It's hard to pick a favorite because I liked most of them, and they were all so different. Here are my quick ratings:

Relish - None
Read+ - Winger, The Art of Fielding, Lexicon, Dreams of Gods and Monsters
Read - The Good Lord Bird
Riffle - Longbourn, The Husband's Secret, Pie
Recycle - None

Other methods of sorting:
Books by gender: Male - 4; Female - 4. If I had to guess, I'd say this is a rare tie, I feel like I gravtitate toward female authors.
Diversity rating - 1/8. This is a little pitiful.
Books by reading level: Adult - 5; YA - 2; MR (middle reader) - 1

So that's that. Time to turn the page on a new month.

1 comment:

  1. Very good reading month. I loved The Art of Fielding. Hope May is a great reading month for you too.

    ReplyDelete