Monday, May 5, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - 5/5/14

http://bookjourney.wordpress.com/2014/05/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-234/



It's Monday! I had a ridiculously busy weekend, so this is a little late getting up, but better late than never, right?

Last week, I didn't read as much as I would have liked, but I did manage to finish two books: Flight Behavior and Radiance of Tomorrow. I started two new books.

The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao
I am listening to The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. I like to listen to an audiobook on my way to and from work and while doing housework or running errands. I am only on the second or third chapter, so it is too soon for me to have an opinion. The whole opening about Dominican history and fuku was a little rough, but now that I am into the narrative I am liking it. I chose this book because it fits well with the We Need More Diverse Books campaign, which I fully support. I own it in paperback, so while I didn't buy it recently, I did buy it at some point.

The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry

I also should be finally starting The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry soon. I am trying to finish another book that I have had going for what seems like ages at this point first, but I doubt I will be able to hold off much longer.

I am still reading Prodigy by Marie Lu aloud to my son and The Diving Bell and the Butterfly by Jean-Dominique Bauby to myself when I can find it. It's a small book, and I keep leaving it in random places.

I also have 2-3 books in various stages of completion, so if I finish everything else, I will go back to one of those. 

The VirginsThings Fall Apart (The African Trilogy, #1)Suite Française

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. The reviews I read so far are very positive. I'm looking forward to reading it someday. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive got all the books you mentioned on my ever growing TBR list, I hope you enjoy all of them :)
    Here's my It's Monday! Post
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete