Monday, April 11, 2016

It's Monday, April 11th! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's a new week, and time for the weekly Monday post! "It's Monday! What Are You Reading?" is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. Click on the picture above to visit her blog.

Here is what I am currently reading:

The Monsters of Templeton

I am about 3/4 of the way through this one on audio, and I am really enjoying it. The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff was Groff's first novel. The town of Templeton is modeled on Groff's home town of Cooperstown, which is the birthplace of baseball and famous author James Fenimore Cooper. After this I will just have Groff's collection of short stories Delicate Edible Birds and Other Stories to read by her.

The Nest

This week I will also be reading The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney for an in-person book group at the library. It is a special after hours book group for people who donated to the library.

The Naturals (The Naturals, #1)

I also hope to start reading The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. Last year I set of goal of reading all of the Missouri Association of School Librarians Readers Award nominees for grades 4 and up. I was doing really well until I sort of stopped. I have read 11/12 Mark Twain nominees (grades 4-6), 11/12 Truman nominees (grades 6-8), and 10/15 Gateway nominees (high school).  I don't know if I'll be able to finish up before the winners are announced later this month, but I am going to try.

After that I am looking at a few different books to start:

In Other WordsAlexander HamiltonThe Summer Before the War
As Close to Us as BreathingWays to DisappearThe Queen of the Night

What are you reading this week?

6 comments:

  1. I have a signed print copy of The Monsters of Templeton that's been unread on my shelf for far too long. Glad you're enjoying it. The Nest sounds like a really good book. I want to read that one soon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked The Naturals. I have the latest on TBR mountain but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to go back and read The Monsters of Templeton after loving Fates and Furies - I've heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also interested in the Naturals series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many books that look good! Queen of the Night in particular. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They all look good, but In Other Words is catching my attention.

    ENJOY your reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete