Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Library Love, Wednesday, April 27th


It's been a couple weeks since I posted a library update. I try to keep all of my library books on one shelf. At the time of my last writing, I had one shelf plus another 8-10 books that had to be stacked in front. Recognizing that things had gotten a little out of hand, I suspended all of my library holds. This has slowed things down considerably. 

Here are my checkouts for the last 2 weeks:

From the library where I work:

In the Unlikely EventThe Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with AutismOdd and the Frost Giants
GorskyBig Girls Don't Cry: The Election That Changed Everything for American WomenInkspell (Inkworld, #2)


From the library across town that has a more diverse collection:


The Physics of SorrowThe Story of My TitsGuapa
LaurusMargaret the First

The Physics of Sorrow by Georgi Gospodinov
The Story of My Tits by Jennifer Hayden
Guapa by Saleem Haddad
Laurus by Evgenij Vodolazkin
Margaret the First by Danielle Dutton

And on e-audio:


The Madwoman UpstairsThe Memory of Light


Often, I don't remember why I requested a book. This time, two books were checked out as a direct result of a blog post. I requested The Reason I Jump because I wanted to participate in Doing Dewey's Nonfiction Book Club. Sadly, April is almost over, and I still haven't started it. I requested Big Girls Don't Cry because of Shannon's post at River City Reading. It seemed like timely.

1 comment: