Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday, April 19th - Books that Made Me Laugh


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is books that make you laugh.

This was a little tricky because I don't think that I actively seek out books that are funny with the obvious exceptions of memoirs by comedians: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Mindy Kaling, you all deserve to be on the list, but you feel a little too obvious - sorry! I also left off The Sellout and Nimona because I feel like they were highlighted on lists recently. I may have included Sherman Alexie on a list recently too, but I firmly believe almost everyone should read that book (it's a little off-color at times).

Oh, and yes, I have a counting problem. This list goes to 11. (Not initially intentional, but now it is.)

Also, the list is noted without comment because I have to go to work today!


Dear Committee MembersI Feel Bad about My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a WomanBad Feminist


Catch-22The Importance of Being EarnestMuch Ado About Nothing



The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time IndianThe Sisters BrothersAmerican Housewife: Stories


Let's Pretend This Never Happened: A Mostly True MemoirHyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened

What's on your list?



8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to know Bad Feminist is funny as well as insightful! I just picked it up from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Importance of Being Earnest is so fun! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! I can't believe I forgot Bad Feminist. Catch-22 is on my list too, I love that book so much. I really need to read Hyperbole and a Half!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hyperbole and a Half is great, especially if you know someone who suffers from depression.

      Delete
  4. I just finished American Housewife last weekend and some of the stories were pretty hilarious. I Feel Bad About My Neck was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should have seen how excited I got to see Oscar Wilde on the list! He's my guy!! (Gosh I need to read a new biography of him, it's been a while.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a very interesting man. Earnest is such a pitch perfect play.

      Delete
  6. I just loved The Importance of Being Earnest, and Dear Committee Members has been on my wishlist for far too long... great list Rachel.

    ReplyDelete