Monday, March 21, 2016

It's Monday, March 21st! What Are You Reading?

badge

It's a new week and time for the weekly Monday post! "It's Monday! What you are reading"' is a weekly meme hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date. Click on the picture above to visit her blog.

Here is what I plan to read this week:

Arcadia

First up is Arcadia by Lauren Groff. I read Groff's Fates & Furies last month, and it reminded me that I had never gotten around to reading her first 2 books. It is quite a bit different from Fates & Furies, but so far I like it. Arcadia centers around a boy who is raised on a hippie commune called Arcadia.

Be Frank With Me 

I am currently listening to Be Frank with Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson. It's both good and frustrating. It's about a boy, Frank, who lives with her reclusive author mother. She has agreed to write a second book, and the publisher (or is it her agent or editor?) sends someone to make sure that she does.

After that, it's anyone's guess what I will read next. Here are some of the books that I am considering.

American Housewife: StoriesThe Longest NightThe Monsters of Templeton
American Born ChineseThe Eighth Day (Eighth Day, #1)The Doldrums



What are you reading this week?

6 comments:

  1. It's good to know I'm not the only one reading out of order! I read Fates and Furies recently too, but still have to read Arcadia.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished Arcadia last night, and I'm glad I made time to read it. For me, it's not the same kind of achievement as Fates & Furies, but then I have a weakness for novels that play with novel conventions successfully.

      Delete
  2. The Eighth Day looks fun, I love that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arcadia looks good. Be Frank With Me seems to be very popular

    ENJOY your reading week. Looks like a good one.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Monsters of Templeton that I want to read as well. I had MoT on my shelves, but read Fates and Furies before. It's all about the new and shiny.
    American Born Chinese is very good (and a very quick read too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to resist new and shiny. I am trying to convince myself that tried and true is just as good.

      Delete